Last year we dealt with 1,800 funding requests which ranged from £156,000 towards enhancing the Children’s Emergency Department and creating a new assessment area to just £3.00 for birthday cards for volunteers.
Here are a few of our current projects, but new funding requests come into the charity office every day.
- New sensory room for the Childen’s Hospital and uprading the parents’ room – £30,000
- Various items of equipment for the Radiotherapy Department
- Installing TVs in the Radiotherapy Department
- Ongoing fundraising for the Children’s Emergency Department
- Upgrading the Discharge Lounge with comfy chairs and providing activities for patients while they are waiting to go home (£6,000)
- Enhancing the waiting areas in Surgical Assessment (£12,000)
- Recliner chairs by every bedside on Ward 303 (Cancer ward)
- Upgrading the A & E Resus area (£25,000)
Recent major items of expenditure for medical equipment have included Optiflow Oxygen equipment for patients with respiratory problems, an Ultrasound probe for use in the Intensive Care Unit, an Intra-Aortic balloon pump for the Coronary Care Unit, a Sonosite Ultrasound machine for Hand Theatres and Breast Boards for patients with breast cancer receiving radiotherapy. We also provided furnishings and other items to help set up the Frail Elderly Assessment room on the Medical Assessment Unit and helped to enhance several other areas in the hospital.
Smaller items of expenditure for patient welfare included continuing to provide music therapy for the Children’s wards, furnishings for the relatives’ rooms on the Intensive Care Unit and fans for many wards and departments.